Please read these Terms and Conditions for the ZOO RUN @ Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
By registering for an entry in the ZOO RUN, you are accepting the terms and conditions and are in full agreement to abide by the Rules of the ZOO RUN 2014.
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Entry to the ZOO RUN fundraiser does include admission to Currumbin Wildlife Hospital.
- All ZOO RUN Runners can also invite their friends and family to join them for a day at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary for mates rates on the day of the ZOO RUN. Only $20 per person!
- Registration for the ZOO RUN must be completed online via Register Now.
- Places in the ZOO RUN are strictly capped and cannot be extended.
- Places are allocated according to the date of payment, not the date of online registration.
- Unless sold out sooner, registration will close on Saturday 22nd of November 2014 at 5:00pm. If places are still available, this may be extended up to race day at the discretion of the organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons or explanation.
- The Organisers shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete registration entry details.
- Payment will be by credit card on the Reister Now wesite.
- Participants are responsible for the credit card fee.
- Registration and Payment should be made before Monday 3rd November to guarantee correct shirt size. Payments made after this date may not receive their specified shirt size, although we will attempt to do so.
- After payment, there will be no fee refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the Zoo Run @ Currumbin, for any reasons whatsoever. Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw or should the event be cancelled or changed due to reasons beyond the control of the event organisers such as safety reasons or extreme weather conditions, the entry fee is non-refundable. An alternative race day may be organised at the discretion of the organisers.
- Children aged 14 and under, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian throughout the race.
- Children aged 3 and under, riding in a pram or stroller, are free with an accompanying parent or guardian. Children aged 3 and under will not receive a shirt or race bib.
- Children in strollers/ prams are permitted on the 2km route only and must commence at the rear of the race start.
- Strollers and similar devices must meet Australian Safety Standards and have appropriate safety restraints. As some sections of the route are unsealed, it is recommended that “jogging prams” or similar are used as these have pneumatic tyres. Umbrella prams or similar prams with hard tyres may be difficult.
- Parents / Guardians are legally responsible for their child at all times during this event. If any person leaves the designated run area or attempts to leave the area you will be asked to leave at the discretion of the event organisers or Australia Zoo staff.
- Participants below 18 years of age need to seek parental or guardian consent before registering for the event. Registration implies consent has been obtained.
Rules for the race day
- Safety and welfare of Currumbin’s animals is a priority.
- As we are completing the course outside of normal Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary operating hours, no participant is allowed into any of the sanctuary areas and must remain within the marked course for the event.
- Entrants must remain on the designated course as marked by race officials, signs and other barriers. Anyone leaving the marked course will be asked to leave and disqualified from participating in the Zoo Run.
- Entrants consent to follow all directions by event organisers, or Currumbin staff members, in relation to this event.
- All entrants must wear the official race bib at all times during the event.
- Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry form and is not transferable.
- Race Category or Race Entry is non-transferable. Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed. Any request for change of category would be subjected to an administrative fee of $15.
- Participants are not allowed to take part in more than one race category
- The Organisers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the run in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel the race without refund of registration fees
- Entrants consent to the use of their name, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers.
- All entrants must walk or run unassisted. Bikes, skateboards, rip sticks, rollerblades or similar items are prohibited for safety reasons. Please see the “Children” section for conditions relating to prams and strollers.
- Participants must wear appropriate footwear for a running event.
- Dogs and or other domesticated pets are not permitted. Guide dogs are subject to the terms and conditions of Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and must be arranged in advance.
- A course cut off time of 8:45 am will apply to the event. Any entrant who is unable to complete the course by the cut off time will be asked to leave the course by race officials for safety reasons.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Rules and Regulations/ Terms and Conditions without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- Prizes will be awarded to valid entrants crossing the finish line in the designated categories and finishing positions detailed on the Prizes page.
- To be awarded any of the prizes, entrants must be registered by the event organisers and must present themselves at the finishing area to claim their prize.
- If the prize winner is ineligible, the entrant may forfeit their prize.
- All entrants accept that the event organisers decision is final and that no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or other prizes.
Safety and Medical
The Currumbin ZOO RUN 5km route involves a bush track section involving natural hazards, such as tree roots and uneven ground, plus man-made features including a small suspension bridge, log crossing and stump crossing. These present special hazards that participants need to consider and adjust their running style and speed to reduce the risk of injury to themselves or others.
The Currumbin ZOO RUN 2km rout does not include the bush track section and therefore is suitable for prams and strollers (subject to these terms and condition) or participants who do wish to undertake the hazards of the 5km route.
- All entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury including but not limited to: over exertion, dehydration and accidents with other participants, spectators or the physical environment.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- All entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation. If an entrant becomes aware of any such condition or impairment or they are injured or sick prior to the event, they have the opportunity to withdraw. All entrants will provide event organisers details of any medical or other condition that may be relevant should medical treatment be required or may affect their participation in the event.
- Each entrant agrees to abide by any advice given by the event medical officers regarding their health and consent to receive and pay for any medical treatment, including transport by ambulance, required before, during or after the event.
- Participants are advised against the consumption of alcohol or stimulants or any kind of drugs within 24 hours of their run.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the run to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself/herself.
- Should any participants feel unwell or experience any pain/discomfort in the course of the race, they should stop and seek immediate medical attention at designated medical posts.
Indemnity of liability
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the Event Organisers (Wildlife Emergency Ltd), Sponsors, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Currumbin Wildlife Hospital Foundation, National Trust Queensland, Volunteers and Employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any death and all injury, loss or damage suffered or otherwise connected with the entrant’s participation.